Monday 4 November 2013

Pitch

My project is to create a music magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread following conventions of current music magazines on the market now. To help me do this I will research and analyse four of each front cover, contents and articles of different magazines. All of which I will be using Adobe Photoshop. I have come up with some ideas that I will use as a plan to making my music magazine. The genre of music for the magazine I plan to use is rock, but within it, it has all the sub genres so I get a wider audience range. In doing this it will attract more readers and therefore there will be a higher selling rate thus better profits. I have chosen rock as my genre of music for my magazine as most music magazines are rock or rock related, expanding into metal and all sub genres, so buyers of music magazines are concentrated in the rock genre. Also for a very informative and good quality music magazine, these are the genres that people tend to go for, rather than pop. My primary audience for my magazine are from the ages of 15-25. This is because the population of young people getting interested and involved with the technicalities of the music scene is growing. It gets them involved and makes them feel closer to their idols. I have chosen this age range because they are at a competitive age where they want to have the most up to date news first, and with this magazine (as a competitor myself to other magazines) I plan to have the latest news released quicker. Luckily with this genre, there isn’t only an audience of the specified age range of 15-25, but also to later years. So as my secondary audience I plan to have a 26+ age range. I don’t think it will be entirely difficult to incorporate these ages together because of the diverse genre I have chosen. Whereas, had it been another genre, such as pop again, it would be far more difficult to achieve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment